New Homes in Dewsbury
It’s tough to beat Dewsbury if you’re looking for somewhere to live which offers superb access to a whole host of West Yorkshire hotspots. The market town lies on the River Calder in the midst of major Yorkshire cities Leeds and Bradford, as well as Huddersfield and Wakefield.
Houses in Dewsbury also offer great access to Sheffield, which is only a 40-minute drive away, while trains to Manchester are even quicker. A town with wonderful connections and plenty to keep the whole family busy, don’t miss out on our developments closest to Dewsbury below.
- £419,995 to £639,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- A collection of three and four bedroom luxury homes surrounded by stunning scenery. Living at Scotgate Ridge, you'll benefit from a variety of countryside walks on your doorstep. There's also fantastic local amenities including pubs, restaurants, and supermarkets. Your new home in Honley is just a short drive from Huddersfield town centre providing excellent access for commuting.
- £699,995 to £919,995
- 4 and 5 bedroom
- A collection of two, four and five bedroom luxury homes located in the stunning village of Adel. Elysian Fields is an exclusive development situated in a highly sought-after location, in a secluded spot with fantastic scenery. Living in Adel, you'll benefit from countryside walks on your doorstep and a range of excellent local amenities whilst only being a 20 minute drive to Leeds city centre.
- £358,995 to £509,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. A collection of brand-new luxury three and four bedroom homes based in the Pennine Heart of South Yorkshire. Located in the popular village of Penistone, you will have a fantastic variety of local amenities and picturesque countryside walks on your doorstep. You will also benefit from excellent commuter links with the M1 motorway being nearby, making commuting to Sheffield, Leeds and the wider region made easy. We’re dedicated to building high-quality, thoughtfully designed homes. That’s why we’ve been awarded the maximum 5 Stars from the Home Builders Federation for the 14th consecutive year - the only major national housebuilder to achieve this. Some homes on this development meet the latest building regulations, which sets the standards for energy performance and carbon emissions. Click here to find out more. Book your appointment or pop in to see Lizzie who would love to help you make your dream move to this new community, or call on 01226 337 207.
- £499,995 to £716,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- A stunning new community of three and four bedroom luxury homes located in the highly sought-after village of Burley in Wharfedale. These luxurious homes combine relaxed rural living with unrivalled access to the best of what Yorkshire has to offer. Centurion Meadows is conveniently placed for commutable access to Leeds and Harrogate and provides a range of fantastic local amenities within walking distance. Some homes on this development meet the latest building regulations, which sets the standards for energy performance and carbon emissions. Click here to find out more.
- Coming soon
- An exclusive collection of four and five bedroom detached homes situated in the sought-after village of Burley in Wharfedale. This prestigious community features just twenty three luxurious homes surrounded by green open space for you and wildlife to enjoy. Imperial Court is ideally placed for commutable access to Leeds and Harrogate and offers a variety of fantastic local amenities a short walk away - making it the perfect place for you to call home.
- £332,995 to £549,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Oughtibridge Valley is a stunning community of three and four bedroom homes.This prestigious development is popular with couples and downsizers and is situated in a highly sought-after location surrounded by picturesque woodland.Living here, you'll benefit from a great range of local amenities and excellent commuter links to Sheffield and the wider region. Some homes on this development meet the latest building regulations, which sets the standards for energy performance and carbon emissions. Click here to find out more.
- Coming soon
- The Waterside is a collection of one, two, three, and four bedroom luxury homes, on the edge of the stunning Lake Waverley. This new community is conveniently placed with a variety of fantastic local amenities within walking distance. Families will also be pleased to know there are Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' schools nearby. These stunning homes are ideally located for commuters with Sheffield Parkway just a 6 minute drive away, providing a direct route into Sheffield city centre and the wider region.
- £240,000 to £345,000
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Surrounded by open fields and green views, Edwin Vale is a luxury collection of homes designed for modern living. Your new home will be within walking distance from the independent shops, cafes and pubs of the quaint village of Hatfield and just 15 minutes’ drive from all that Doncaster has to offer. Families love being close to OFSTED-rated 'Good' and 'Outstanding' schools, whilst couples and professionals tell us the road links make commuting a breeze. See a video tour of Edwin Vale
- £314,995 to £443,995
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Manor Chase features a collection of three and four bedroom luxury homes located on the edge of the thriving riverside town of Boroughbridge. This exciting new development boasts 17 acres of green open space and beautiful scenery. On the High Street, you'll find a great range of local amenities including shops, cafés and restaurants. Living here, you'll benefit from excellent transport links to wherever you need to go via the A1/M1 motorway and Knaresborough train station. Some homes on this development meet the latest building regulations, which sets the standards for energy performance and carbon emissions. Click here to find out more.
Welcome to Dewsbury
From high street shopping to country walks, museums and play parks, there’s lots to see and do near the town of Dewsbury. Located in West Yorkshire just a short drive away from Leeds and Bradford, a new home in Dewsbury is ideal if you want good commuter links, and plenty for the whole family to see and do in the local area.
A quick history
During the Anglo-Saxon era, Dewsbury was an important religious town. The Minster was built alongside the River Calder, and from the 15th century the bell was rung each Christmas Eve as part of the ‘Devil’s Knell’ tradition.
The town market dates back to the 14th century when local clothiers traded in the centre, and once the canal and railway were opened, the population of Dewsbury started to boom. During industrial times, Dewsbury was central to the Luddite movement when workers protested against the new machines used in factories. The textile industry eventually went into decline.
Business and industry
The head office of card makers UK Greetings is in Dewsbury, while other thriving businesses include mattress manufacturers AJ Foam and lighting company Martech, along with Magma Ceramics and Catalysts, and Pet Brands.
In Leeds nearby, major employers include Asda, Greggs, Jet2.com and Yorkshire Bank.
Things to do in the area
Dewsbury town centre is home to a regular market, along with the Princess of Wales Shopping Centre, Dewsbury Town Hall and Dewsbury Museum. If you’re moving to the area with children, they’ll enjoy playing at Crow Nest Park, exploring Yorkshire Sculpture Park, or spending an afternoon at Kirklees Light Railway.
Sports fans can go to Crown Flatt to watch Dewsbury RLFC play their home rugby matches, while Crow Nest Park is home to Dewsbury Rangers and Dewsbury Celtic. If you enjoy a round of golf on a weekend or summer’s evening, Dewsbury District Golf Club is nearby.
Other places of interest close to the town include Dewsbury Country Park and the National Coal Mining Museum, while neighbouring Leeds has a number of popular attractions including the Royal Armouries Museum, Trinity Leeds shopping centre and Thackray Medical Museum.
Travel and commuting
Located near the M1 and M62, Dewsbury has good transport link by road, along with regular rail services to Leeds, Manchester and beyond from the town’s train station.
By train, the journey to Leeds from Dewsbury takes just 15 minutes, while the car journey takes around 25 minutes depending on traffic. Manchester can be reached in 45 minutes by train or one hour by car, while Wakefield is only a 20-minute drive from the town, and Bradford is a 30-minute drive away.
If you’re going to London, the train takes around two hours 30 minutes with one change, while the drive takes three hours 45 minutes. When you’re ready to take a break from it all, Leeds Bradford Airport is only a 45-minute drive away from the town.