New Homes in Leeds
Whether you’re exploring Leeds City Museum and the Royal Armouries, or browsing the exhibits at Leeds Art Gallery, the city’s known for its vibrant nightlife and range of great restaurants. With the Yorkshire Dales, Pennines and Peak District all close by, as well as spots like Rodley Nature Reserve, Roundhay Park and Kirkstall Abbey, don’t miss our developments near Leeds below.
Living in Leeds
One of, if not the, most exciting cities in Yorkshire, Leeds is a great place to live for people of all ages. There’s a lot going on in and around the city, whether you’re looking for a dose of culture, pleasant open spaces or a good night out on the tiles. Buying a new home in Leeds could prove to be a brilliant investment, so don’t miss offers like the Deposit Unlock scheme to boost your buying power in the city.
Things to see and do in Leeds
- Explore the impressive art collection at Leeds Art Gallery or appreciate contemporary sculpture at the Henry Moore Institute.
- Visit the Royal Armouries Museum to learn about the history of arms and armor or discover the history and culture of Leeds at Leeds City Museum.
- Enjoy drinks and nightlife along Call Lane or attend live gigs and music events at the Brudenell Social Club.
- Explore the beautiful Rodley Nature Reserve and its wildlife.
- Enjoy Beckett Park and Roundhay Park.
- Have a fun-filled day with family at Diggerland Yorkshire or challenge yourself with treetop adventures and zip lines at Go Ape Temple Newsam.
- Play mini-golf and enjoy entertainment at Puttstars Leeds.
- Enjoy bowling and catch a movie at various bowling alleys and cinemas in Leeds.
Leeds is a great place to live if you have kids, with plenty of top schools in and around the city. The Ruth Gorse Academy is a mixed secondary rated as outstanding by Ofsted, while Roundhay School is a similarly outstanding all-through. Notre Dame Catholic Sixth Form College is also in the education board’s top bracket, along with primaries like Hillcrest Academy, Beeston Hill St Luke’s CofE and Beecroft Primary.
Transport links in Leeds
- 40 miles away from Manchester, providing easy access to the neighbouring city.
- The M62 motorway connects Leeds to Manchester and Liverpool, with Hull at the other end of the motorway.
- The M1 motorway passes close to Leeds, offering direct access to cities such as Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, and London in the south.
- Leeds has a superb bus network, providing convenient local transportation within the city.
- Leeds train station is a major train station offering various train services.
- Situated on the outskirts of town, Leeds Bradford Airport serves as the local airport
The Leeds property market
Leeds has a strong property market with great prospects, making this a sound place to invest your money. House prices have shown some excellent growth in recent years but are still lower than the national average, while semi-detached properties have proven the most popular among homebuyers in the area in recent years.
You can find everything from city centre apartments to large detached family homes on the edge of town, as well as spacious 3 and 4 bedroom new builds in the Birkenshaw and Flockton areas not far from the city centre. Whatever you need for yourself and your family, make sure you check out our latest offers page to see if you could benefit from an arrangement like our Movemaker scheme.
New Homes Offers & Schemes in Leeds
Buying a new home with David Wilson also means you can take advantage of our great offers.
Book an appointment with one of our Sales Advisers and reserve your dream home today.