New Homes in the North East
A proud region packed with history, tradition and culture, you can find new homes in the North East in counties such as , and . Parts of also fall within the North East, which has the spirited city of at its heart.
With other major towns and cities like , and all popular places to live, and some of the country’s finest natural landscapes to explore, you can take a look around our latest developments in the North East below.
- £280,995 to £359,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. West Meadows @ Arcot Estate offers a luxury collection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes, situated within the popular town of Cramlington. Discover highly rated schools, local shops, restaurants and pubs all within easy reach. This new development offers beautiful country walks and scenic nature trails on your doorstep, making it the perfect place for your family to call home.
- £214,995 to £409,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Discover 3 and 4 bedroom homes at Meadow Hill, nestled on Hexham Road. Located on the outskirts of Heddon-on-the- Wall, your new home is surrounded by scenic walks and the historic Hadrian’s Wall, so you can escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy a more relaxed way of living. Just 4 miles from Ponteland village, packed with boutiques, independent restaurants and cosy pubs. Commuting is easy via the A69 and A1 with links to Newcastle and Hexham.
- £335,995 to £419,995
- 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Doxford Green is surrounded by beautiful open fields, situated in the heart of Sunderland. You will discover a collection of 60 homes within phase 1, featuring detached 4 and 5 bedroom homes. Living here means you and your family can enjoy weekends at Herrington Country Park, local amenities within easy reach and Ofsted 'Good' schools on your doorstep.
- From £369,995
- 4 bedroom
- This development is now sold out. For more quality 4 and 5 bedroom homes, visit Doxford Green, Sunderland. Located in the coastal village of Ryhope, Cherry Tree Park offers a range of detached 4 bedroom homes. Enjoy coastal weekend walks at Seaham beach or, discover woodland nature trails at Ryhope Dene, both just 5 minutes from your door. This is an ideal setting whether you’re looking for your first home or more space for your family to grow.
- £309,995 to £439,995
- 4 and 5 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Discover a beautiful collection of detached 4 and 5 bedroom homes, situated within the desirable area of Elwick, Hartlepool. Living here means you and your family can enjoy relaxing beach walks or scenic nature trails, whilst remaining within short distance of local amenities at the nearby town centre. Plus, fantastic commuter links provide easy access to all major local towns and cities via the A19. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £284,995 to £365,995
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Highgrove at Wynyard Park is located in the sought after village of Wynyard. This brand-new development offers a great collection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Living at Wynyard Park Estate, you’ll benefit from scenic views, woodland walks and nature trails on your doorstep. Plus, there is an excellent range of local amenities closeby including Wynyard Hall and an Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ Primary school. ^Indicative figures, based on HBF 'Watt a Save' report published July 2023. Find out more.
- £159,995 to £167,995
- 2 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Our Sales Office is now closed. Please visit our sister development, or book your appointment here. Don't miss your last chance to buy your luxury 2 bedroom home at The Orchard at West Park. Located within the popular area of West Park, Darlington, we'll help you make your move with a range of fantastic schemes and offers available. With open space views and landscaping, this will be the perfect place to call home.
- £394,995 to £504,995
- 4 and 5 bedroom
- Own New - Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Grey Towers Village is a well-regarded development in the sought-after village of Nunthorpe. This established estate offers a luxury range of detached 4 and 5 bedroom homes set amongst mature trees and winding pathways. Living in this prestigious setting, you will find picturesque views, local shops, restaurants and pubs and Ofsted 'Outstanding' Nunthorpe Primary Academy.
What is life like in the North East?
From bouncing cities to historic towns, coastal fishing villages and secluded spots surrounded by rural countryside, the North East can be a great place to live for so many reasons. You can add one more reason to the list when you sign up to an offer like our Part Exchange scheme. With this, you could get a guaranteed buyer for your old home - us. This reduces your stress levels and could save you a small fortune on estate agent fees.
What is there to see and do in the North East?
The North East is a diverse place where you’ll find everything from historic castles and cathedrals to vibrant nightlife scenes and a rugged coastline dotted with handsome beaches. With a great selection of museums and galleries in places like Gateshead and Newcastle, don’t miss attractions like the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, the Great North Museum: Hancock and Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens. Or Seven Stories, the National Centre for Children’s Books, if you have kids.
Whether you’re venturing into the great outdoors on your own or with friends and family, the North East is home to Northumberland National Park, Kielder Forest, the North Pennines and the North York Moors. The Yorkshire Dales also stretch into the region, which also plays host to the Angel of the North, Durham Cathedral and the epic Bamburgh Castle. Whatever your taste, you can never be short of things to do in the North East.
What is education like in the North East?
Schools North East plays a key role in the region’s educational service, with more than 1,150 schools falling under its umbrella. Whether you’re looking for the best primary schools in Newcastle, secondaries in Sunderland or top universities in Durham, there are great facilities for all ages across the North East. And if you buy your new home in the region with us, you can be confident of having some good choices at primary and secondary level close by.
How are the North East transport links?
There are strong transport links between the majority of the North East’s major towns and cities, whether you’re looking for bus and train services to hop on or main roads to drive along. The A1(M) runs through the heart of the region, providing great access to Leeds, Sheffield and London to the south, as well as the south-east part of Scotland and Edinburgh. Newcastle’s international airport is the biggest one in the region, offering flights to more than 80 destinations from its location on the northern outskirts of the city.
What is the North East property scene like?
The North East has seen a booming property market in recent years, with serious growth expected to continue in the future. This, added to affordable property prices which are significantly lower than the national average, means now is the perfect time to invest in the region.
You can do exactly that in many different ways, such as by purchasing a new 3 or 4 bedroom home in Durham, Houghton-le-Spring or Sunderland. From apartments in Newcastle to family homes on the outskirts of Middlesbrough, don’t miss brilliant offers like our Deposit Boost or Deposit Unlock schemes could be ideal for you. Need help getting on the property ladder? With the First Homes scheme, you could buy a new David Wilson home with a 30% discount on market value.
New Homes Offers & Schemes in the North EastConsidering a move to the North East? At David Wilson Homes, we're excited to offer you a range of exclusive schemes tailored to your needs. Whether you're a first-time buyer, looking to sell your current home, or a key worker, we have something special for you.
Our innovative low deposit schemes are crafted to make your brand-new energy efficient home a reality, without the burden of a hefty deposit. Explore our range of new homes in the North East.
Feeling overwhelmed by the moving process? Dive into our comprehensive North East property buying guide for all the essential information you need. Explore our diverse range of new homes in East Midlands and seize incredible offers for a smooth and stress-free move.
Our Offers to Get You Moving
We could be your guaranteed buyer. No stress or fuss, just an easy move for you and your family.
Whether you’re a first time buyer or an existing homeowner, you could buy the home you’ve always wanted with a 5% deposit.
First Home Scheme
First Homes is a new Government-backed scheme that could help you get onto the property ladder.
If you have a 10% deposit, we could boost it with a further 5% of the purchase price.
Low Deposit Offers
If you have a low deposit, we have a variety of schemes available to help make moving more affordable.