New Homes in Cambridge
An iconic university city drenched in history and tradition; Cambridge sits on the banks of the River Cam. The county town of Cambridgeshire in East England, you can choose to be in the town centre or in a surrounding spot like Huntingdon or St Ives with houses in Cambridge, while Peterborough is 40 miles away.
Whether you’re exploring the university’s attractions such as its museums and botanic gardens, visiting the impressive Fitzwilliam Museum or crossing the Bridge of Sighs, you’ve also got open spaces like Milton Country Park, Coldham’s Common and Byron’s Pool in the area. So take a look below to explore our new homes in Cambridge.
Living in Cambridge
A beautiful little city packed with charm and character, Cambridge is a wonderful place to buy a new home. Particularly if you do so through our Part Exchange scheme, where we could buy your existing home off you. This is a great way to simplify the process and cut out those costly estate agent fees.
Things to see and do in Cambridge
- Visit historical landmarks including King's College Chapel and Bridge of Sighs.
- Explore the University Museum of Zoology, Museum of Classical Archaeology, Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Fitzwilliam Museum or the Museum of Cambridge.
- Enjoy the beautiful Cambridge University Botanic Garden.
- Cambridge Science Centre: A great place for interactive science exhibits.
- Enjoy the outdoors at Wandlebury Country Park, Milton Country Park, and Midsummer Common.
The university aside, Cambridge is also a wonderful place for younger children to study. Top options include Histon and Impington Junior School, which is just north of the city centre and classed as outstanding by Ofsted. Likewise Comberton Village College and Chesterton Community College, with the latter a more centrally located option than the former.
Transport links in Cambridge
- Many locals in Cambridge prefer biking, and the council encourages walking and park and ride services.
- Cambridge has a train station conveniently located close to the city centre.
- The M11 motorway begins near the city, allowing for easy access to destinations such as Bishop's Stortford in just over half an hour.
- London can be reached in approximately an hour and 15 minutes by car, with train journeys taking less than 55 minutes.
The Cambridge property market
As a desirable place to live with some beautiful property in the area, there’s a strong market in Cambridge. Competition can be fierce for attractive homes, so you’ll need to act quickly to secure a 3 or 4 bedroom houses on streets like Huntingdon Road and Wellington Road. To speed up the process, sign up for one of our latest offers, such as our Movemaker scheme whereby we’ll help with the sale of your current home.
New Homes & Offers in Cambridge
Buying new homes in Cambridge with David Wilson also means you can take advantage of our great offers.
Book an appointment with one of our Sales Advisers and reserve your dream home today.