Deposit Unlock: a spacious, brand-new home with a 5% deposit
Whether you’re a first time buyer or an existing homeowner, you could buy the home you’ve always wanted with a 5% deposit and Deposit Unlock. It could give you access to competitively priced mortgage products and make buying a spacious, new home more affordable.
What is Deposit Unlock?
- The scheme is devised in collaboration with lenders and the housebuilding industry.
- It enables first time buyers and existing homeowners to purchase a new-build home with a 5% deposit*.
- It provides customers with competitively priced mortgage products up to £750,000 and makes buying a new home more affordable.
- The scheme is exclusively available on selected new-build homes.
- Find out more about the benefits and how to apply below.
What are the benefits?
- You can buy a new home with a 95% mortgage.
- The scheme allows customers to access a low deposit mortgage at competitive interest rates.
How do I apply?
- Search for a new home near you below and contact us today.
- We will then put you in touch with a specialist New Homes Mortgage Adviser who can help you arrange your mortgage using Deposit Unlock.
The David Wilson Difference
- Our high-quality homes are thoughtfully designed to maximise space and light.
- There is no need for improvements as our homes are low maintenance.
- As standard our homes come with a 10 year structural warranty and 2 year fixtures and fittings warranty for your peace of mind.
- You can put your stamp on your home by picking the finishing touches.
- The energy efficient design of our homes could lower your utility bills.
- We are the only major national homebuilder to have been awarded the maximum five stars from the Home Builders Federation every year since 2010^.
Deposit Unlock FAQs
With the Deposit Unlock scheme you could buy the home you’ve always wanted as it enables first time buyers and existing homeowners the chance you to buy your new home with just a 5% deposit. This scheme provides customers with competitively priced mortgage products up to £750,000, making home buying more affordable.
Deposit Unlock is open to first-time buyers and existing homeowners in England, Wales and Scotland.
Applying for the Deposit Unlock scheme is easy. Here's what you need to do:
- Find your David Wilson home among our wide range of brand-new homes
- Get in touch with one of our Sales Advisers
- They’ll put you in contact with a New Homes Mortgage Adviser
- They'll help you arrange your mortgage using Deposit Unlock
The 5% deposit home scheme is available on selected new-build David Wilson homes with a maximum mortgage of £750,000.
No. The property purchased under this scheme must be the only mortgaged property.
The Deposit Unlock scheme was launched in November 2021 and is still available on homes today.
Deposit Unlock can't be used in conjunction with any other schemes. So, if you're already using another David Wilson offer or incentive, you won't be able to apply for this 5% deposit scheme.
You might also be interested in
Key Worker Deposit ContributionTo show our appreciation for key workers, we are offering a contribution of £1,000 towards your deposit for every £20,000 spent on the purchase price, and we'll include flooring - find out if you're eligible.
If you have a 10% deposit, we could boost it with a further 5% of the purchase price.
Help to Buy - Wales
With Help to Buy - Wales, a David Wilson home could be yours with just a 5% deposit whether you're a first time buyer or an existing homeowner.
First Home Scheme
First Homes is a new Government-backed scheme that could help you get onto the property ladder.
Parents can also help. Typically they (or a close family member) could help you with your deposit, or guarantee your mortgage, or act as a joint applicant.
Armed Forces Deposit Contribution
We're offering Britain's military servicemen and women a 5% deposit contribution to help them buy a brand-new home.
Forces Help to Buy
Forces Help to Buy is a deposit loan scheme from the Ministry of Defence
^We are the only major national housebuilder to be awarded this key industry award every year since 2010. “We” refers to the Barratt Developments PLC group brands including Barratt London, Barratt Homes and David Wilson Homes. Based on HBF star rating scheme from 2010 to 2023 derived from the NHBC national new homes survey at eight weeks (https://www.hbf.co.uk/policy/policy-and-wider-work-program/customer-satisfaction-survey/latest-results/), over 90% of Barratt Developments PLC group customer would recommend our brands to a friend.