New homes in Leatherhead
Located in the just a 45-minute train ride from , Leatherhead resides on the River Mole in . With only a few miles away, new homes in Leatherhead are just 20 minutes from in the car, while you can drive to , Heathrow and Gatwick Airport in less than half an hour.
With lots of natural attractions such as Headley Warren Nature Reserve and the Surrey Hills nearby, don’t miss the views from Hill. Take the kids to the Nower Wood educational nature reserve or Norbury Park too, when you choose from our latest developments near Leatherhead.
Buying your new David Wilson home in this historic spot means enjoying high-quality housing in a thriving community. Read on to learn about Leatherhead’s excellent amenities, education, transport links and nature.
The Leatherhead communityOur brand-new developments in Leatherhead are conveniently close to plenty of amenities. You'll have everything on your doorstep, from local parks and recreational centres to quirky shops and cafés.
Our homes for sale are designed with your needs in mind. They're energy-efficient, sustainable and equipped with the highest specifications. You'll enjoy double-glazed windows, modern locks and ample outdoor space. We build homes in safe, leafy neighbourhoods with well-lit, pedestrian-friendly streets.
We want to encourage residents to take advantage of the great outdoors. That's why our developments in Leatherhead benefit from access to the Surrey countryside.
Education in Leatherhead
Whether you're moving to Leatherhead with your growing family or want to learn new skills, homes for sale here boast excellent schools. Find some of Ofsted's top-ranking primary, secondary and further education institutions below.
|St Peter's Catholic Primary School
||North East Surrey College of Technology
|St Giles' CofE Infant School
||Howard of Effingham School
||Laine Theatre Arts Limited
||Bramley High School
||Esher Sixth Form College
|Oakfield Junior School
||Papillon House School
|Polesden Lacey Infant School
||Blenheim High School||Brooklands College
Amenities in Leatherhead
Homes for sale in Leatherhead enjoy excellent amenities, from playgrounds and fitness centres to shopping malls and restaurants. Some of the best include the following:
• Leatherhead Post Office
• Leatherhead Library
• The Leatherhead Theatre & Cinema
• Swan Shopping Centre
• Cedars Sports Fitness & Health
• Tadworth Leisure and Community Centre
• Red House Grounds Playground
• Leatherhead Park
• Mansion Gardens
Leatherhead transport links
New homes in this Surrey hub sit off the M25 – the London Orbital Motorway – leading to Sevenoaks in the west and Chorleywood in the north. London lies an hour’s drive from Leatherhead, while Heathrow Airport is just 30 minutes away.
Various bus routes pass through Leatherhead, including the 21 to Crawley, the 408 to Cobham and the 465 to Kingston upon Thames.
Nature to see in Leatherhead
Lying next door to the beautiful Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), nature in Leatherhead abounds. Some of the best nature spots to explore include the following:
• Epsom Common. This 500-acre nature reserve is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) as it's a breeding site for birds. Other fauna include roe deer, herons and purple butterflies.
• Norbury Park. This nature spot is a mix of farmland, woodland and grassland and is home to beautiful wildlife. Bluebells and wildflowers blossom in spring and provide habitat for dormice, roe deer and foxes.
• Surrey Hills AONB. With three designated walking trails – the North Downs Way, the Greensand Way and the Pilgrims' Way – Surrey Hills AONB makes a perfect family day exploring Surrey's spectacular landscapes.
• National Trust – Reigate Hill and Gatton Park. This 600-acre stretch of the North Downs offers beautiful grassland and picture-perfect views of the Surrey countryside. The park is brimming with historic landmarks, playgrounds and walking and cycling trails.
Moving to Leatherhead promises spectacular nature and excellent amenities on your doorstep. Browse our collection of 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes here, including Ashridge Grange and Wychwood Park, and take advantage of our new homes offers. Call our Sales Advisers to make your move today.