Consumer Code for Home Builders
The Consumer Code for Home Builders (“the Code”), which came into effect in April 2010, applies to all Home Builders registered with the UK’s main new Home Warranty Bodies; NHBC, Premier Guarantee and LABC Warranty. The scheme ensures new home buyers are better informed than ever before on vital aspects of their property, such as service levels and build timescales.
New home construction in the UK is governed by some of the highest levels of building regulations and consumer protection. David Wilson Homes prides itself on leading the way in meeting those requirements.
What is the Consumer Code?
The code gives protection and rights to purchasers of new homes. It requires all new Home Buyers to be treated fairly and ensure they are fully informed about their purchase before and after they sign the contract.
The Consumer Code came into effect on April 1, 2010, and was developed by a leading group of house builders, construction industry bodies and the Government.
The aim of the Code is for all new Home Buyers to:
- be treated fairly
- know what levels of service to expect,
- be given reliable information about their purchase and their consumer rights before and after they move in, and
- know how to access speedy, low-cost dispute resolution arrangements to deal with complaints about breaches of the Code
The code reinforces best practice among Home Builders to encourage a consistently high level of information and customer service. It builds on successful efforts already made by the industry to improve consumer satisfaction in recent years.
The Code covers every stage of the home-buying purchase –
pre-contract, exchange of contract and during occupation.
David Wilson Homes embraces the Consumer Code
David Wilson Homes embraces the Consumer Code for new home builders as an additional layer of consumer protection. At David Wilson Homes we take pride in ensuring we deliver the best quality homes and great customer service.
Our Customer Service Charter is one of the ways we set out our commitment to you. Designed to help you throughout your purchase - and long after you've moved - it will provide you with detailed information, advice and support.
Find out more about the Code
As a 5 star housebuilder we are committed to the Consumer
Code for Home Builders. For more information on the
Consumer Code for Home Builders please visit
The Consumer Code for Home Builders has its very own website, with detailed information on all aspects of the code.
Visit Consumer Code for Home Builders website
Find out more about the 10 year NHBC Buildmark Warranty here.
And you can find out more information on the benefits of buying new here.
We put the same high standards of care and attention into looking after our customers as we do into building our homes.
In building, solid foundations are a must - we think they're just as important in Customer Care. That's why we lay out our commitments to you firmly, in our Customer Service Charter:
- We will provide you with detailed information about your new home and our Customer Care procedures.
- We will provide you with assistance regarding the choices and options available to you.
- We will provide you with regular updates about the progress of construction, legal completion and occupation dates.
- We will provide you with health and safety advice to minimise the risk of danger during construction.
- We will undertake a demonstration of your new home’s many features before you move in.
- We will issue you with documentation to help guide you through the different stages of buying a new home, running it in and maintaining it.
- We will provide you with advice on the NHBC 10 Year Buildmark warranty and also warranties from other manufacturers from which you will benefit.
- We will provide you with a helpful and efficient after-sales service, including emergency out of hours cover.
- We will provide you with a copy of the Consumer Code for Home Builders at the time of reservation and will adhere to the requirements it places upon us.
- We will facilitate an independent satisfaction survey so that you can feedback and tell us how we are performing.