Consumer Code for New Home Builders
New home construction in the UK is governed by some of the highest levels of building regulations and consumer protection. David Wilson Homes prides itself on leading the way in meeting those requirements.
In 2010 we welcomed the launch of the Consumer Code for Home Builders: a scheme that ensures new home buyers are better informed than ever before on vital aspects of their property, such as service levels and build timescales.
What is the Consumer Code?
The Consumer Code came into effect on April 1, 2010, and was developed by a leading group of house builders, construction industry bodies and the Government.
The scheme ensures new house buyers:
- Know what service levels to expect from their home builder
- Know the build timescales and other important property and location information
- Know how to access speedy, low-cost dispute-resolution arrangements in the unlikely event that they are dissatisfied.
David Wilson Homes embraces the Consumer Code
David Wilson Homes embraces the Consumer Code for new home builders as an additional layer of consumer protection. At David Wilson Homes we take pride in ensuring we deliver the best quality homes and great customer service.
Our Customer Service Charter is one of the ways we set out our commitment to you. Designed to help you throughout your purchase - and long after you've moved - it will provide you with detailed information, advice and support. What’s more, our Charter also entitles you to a discount on a future David Wilson Home or Barratt home should you choose to move at some time in the future.
Find out more about the Code
The Consumer Code for Home Builders has its very own website, with detailed information on all aspects of the code.
Visit Consumer Code for Home Builders website
Find out more about the 10 year NHBC Buildmark Warranty here.
And you can find out more information on the benefits of buying new here.
We put the same high standards of care and attention into looking after our customers as we do into building our homes.
In building, solid foundations are a must - we think they're just as important in Customer Care. That's why we lay out our commitments to you firmly, in our Customer Service Charter:
- We will provide you with detailed information about your new home and our Customer Care procedures.
- We will provide you with assistance regarding the choices and options available to you.
- We will provide you with regular updates about the progress of construction, legal completion and occupation dates.
- We will provide you with health and safety advice to minimise the risk of danger during construction.
- We will undertake a demonstration of your new home’s many features before you move in.
- We will issue you with documentation to help guide you through the different stages of buying a new home, running it in and maintaining it.
- We will provide you with advice on the NHBC 10 Year Buildmark warranty and also warranties from other manufacturers from which you will benefit.
- We will provide you with a helpful and efficient after-sales service, including emergency out of hours cover.
- We will provide you with a copy of the Consumer Code for Home Builders at the time of reservation and will adhere to the requirements it places upon us.
- We will facilitate an independent satisfaction survey so that you can feedback and tell us how we are performing.