New Homes in Devon
Devon is a picturesque county in South West England, sharing a border with Cornwall, Dorset and Somerset. As well as lots of rural towns and villages, you can also find houses in Devon in cities like Exeter and Plymouth.
From taking the kids to the beautiful beaches of North Devon or the Milky Way Adventure Park, or exploring Dartmoor National Park and Tamar Valley, you’ll also find castles, theme parks and country manors across the region. So don’t hang around and explore our developments in Devon below.
- Coming soon
- A development of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes coming to Barnstaple. You'll be walking distance from the town centre and the North Devon countryside and coastline.Primary and secondary schools are a short walk away. For NHS workers, North Devon District Hospital is right next to the development.Saunton Sands and Woolacombe beaches can be reached in under 25 minutes, while Exmoor is just 20 minutes away with popular hiking routes and stunning views.
- £277,500 to £465,000
- 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New – Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Set within 3.7 acres of public open space, Hampton Mill is a development of 3 & 4 bedroom homes on the edge of Okehampton. You’ll be just 30 minutes from Exeter and just over an hour from Plymouth. Dartmoor National Park is on your doorstep. The A30 and Okehampton train station are nearby.
- £277,500 to £470,000
- 2, 3 and 4 bedroom
- Own New – Rate Reducer is available on this development. Find out more. Surrounded by countryside, Fairfax Heath is a collection of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes on the edge of Tiverton. Tiverton town centre is nearby with a range of independent and high street shops. Blundell's private school and the Grand Western Canal are within walking distance. Exmoor National Park is within easy reach.
Living in DevonIf you want to live a life surrounded by epic natural landscapes, Devon could be the ideal place for you to buy a new home. With miles of rolling countryside sandwiched between two stunning coastlines, you can also paint a pretty picture on the financial front by taking up an offer such as our stress-free Part Exchange scheme when you move home.
Things to see and do in Devon
- Dartmoor National Park and Exmoor National Park.
- North Devon Coast.
- Explore the rugged coastline between Jennycliff and Elberry Cove near Brixham.
- Choose from countless beaches to spend time when the sun's out.
- Barricane Beach, Blackpool Sands, Saunton Sands, and Woolacombe Beach are popular spots for surfing enthusiasts.
- Discover Devon's cultural attractions including castles and the Royal Albert Memorial Museum.
- Becky Falls, Canonteign Falls, and Valley of the Rocks are great natural attractions.
- Milky Way Adventure Park, Crealy Theme Park, and Woodlands Family Theme Park are must visits for kids.
EducationWhen your little ones need to earn their fun-filled day out by reaching their targets in the classroom, there are plenty of excellent schools in Devon to help them do just that. Top primary options include Exeter’s Tedburn St Mary School and Exminster Community Primary, as well as Newton Abbot’s Canada Hill Community Primary. Plymouth’s Mayflower Academy and Ernesettle Community School are both rated as outstanding by Ofsted too.
There are also lots more schools in the education board’s top bracket at secondary level This includes Colyton Grammar School, Kingsbridge Academy and Okehampton College, in addition to Uffculme School, the King’s School in Ottery St Mary and Ellen Tinkham School in Pinhoe.
Transport links in Devon
- Devon County Council promotes sustainable forms of travel, offering various walking and cycling routes.
- Devon has a well-connected network of bus and train routes for public transportation.
- Exeter International Airport: Located in Exeter, the county has an international airport for convenient air travel.
- The M5 is the main motorway passing through Devon, connecting Exeter to other cities such as Bristol, Gloucester, and Birmingham.
The Devon property market
House prices in Devon are slightly lower than the average across the rest of England and Wales. This is partly because parts of the county are so rural, while you can certainly get a lot of house for your money across the region.
There are lots of great places to live in Devon, with highlights including the Yelland area of Barnstaple where you can find 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes on the bank of the River Taw. With Tiverton also a great spot to buy a new home with some superb 3 and 4 bed semi and detached homes, don’t miss offers such as the Deposit Unlock scheme if you need some extra support with your move.
New Homes Offers & Schemes in Devon
Buying a new home with David Wilson also means you can take advantage of our great offers.
If you’re an existing homeowner looking to buy a new house, our Movemaker or Part Exchange schemes could be ideal for you. We cover your estate agent fees while helping you arrange the sale of your existing property.
Book an appointment with one of our Sales Advisers and reserve your dream home today.